Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve...


I love when Christmas Eve falls on Sunday or Monday. We started our Eve with FHE and the ever popular Luke 2. Perhaps it's my recent condition, but somehow, I felt a particular compassion for Mary. How did she travel? I don't want to even go to the store--in a comfortable car!
We started planning for Christmas several months ago. We decided to go with one BIG gift for every one to enjoy, rather than alot of individual gifts. Purchasing started in July (I'm really surprised that Ben actually waited to open it! But he did) We got the big stuff then, and then each month added a component (like controlers, or games, etc) Then after all that planning, we decided to skip the wrapping, and just set up our 'family fun time', aka the Wii, for the kids to discover Christmas morning. Ben got things set up and laid out just so, but then he decided he needed to "try it out, to make sure it was working properly". What could I say! He did wait for nearly 6 months to open the box. I watched him for awhile, but finally my tired bones gave out and I went to bed. A couple of hours later, he finally joined me. Appearently, he got a good workout. Hey, if it takes a Wii to get him active, I won't complain! (Don't tell him that;)

No comments: