Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One Month Old




Ok, so it's taken me a whole month...and then some...to get things updated. But I do have good excuses! First of all, I guess I can say that we are all doing well, and making the adjustments to having a baby in our home. William started off with a broken collar bone (one of those minor complications of big babies) and a high bilirubin count so we had to bundle up the little guy and head off to the doctor a couple of days after we brought him home. Of course, by that time, things had improved and the Doc set us up with the usual 2 week visit. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera (I was a little preoccupied at the time) so I don't have pics, but he checked out great then. He was up to 10 pounds 7 ounces by two weeks. Ben even came with us to the appt. But he had to leave later that afternoon for Massachussetts. He had a week long training to attend. So once again, I was a litte preoccupied with survival--2 boys to get off to school, and homework to get done, a very nice preschooler (and wonderful helper) to keep busy and happy, and a new baby and mom (that would be me) to take care of. I'm can say, 'We survived!' and the kids only missed the bus one time--that was my fault! Michael helped take care of William and was so excited to help feed him a bottle. (Of course, I took advantage of the break for my hands and grabbed the camera) When Ben did come home, we were all happy to see him, but I think William missed him most (well, besides me). He was used to 'talking with Dad'. So the many faces of William is a sample of how he responds to Dad.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute faces! I hope you are doing well with all your boys! Do you feel so outnumbered? I hope you have some girl friends to get a break every once in a while!

Esther said...

wow! You are busy. Don't worry about not posting this month. It doesn't happen very often for me and I don't have kids yet. Your boys are so cute. That is so neat that they get to be big brothers and help. I am sure they are willing to give you the "unwanted help"as well. Busy busy.

Summer said...

Hppy one month, William (and Mommy too!) Man, that month really flew by, didn't it?

Jill said...

I've been checking often hoping you would update soon. Knowing how buy it is with a new baby I understand not being able to sit at the computer for long periods of time. So glad William is doing well. I was sorry to hear about his complications. Glad everything is OK. That was my biggest worry with Molly being a big baby, so I was grateful for the c-section. I would suggest that for next time, but not sure if you're thinking of that. :) Anyway, good to hear all is well William looks like a cutie. Glad the boys have adjusted well to their new brother.

Love ya,
Jill