Monday, July 28, 2008

Healing Hands...

I am SO thank full for chiropractors! Anyone who's had a problem with their back knows what I'm talking about. And if you are clueless?...well, stay that way!!!! A couple of weeks ago, with no warning, my back took the last straw. Pain much worse that childbirth and no relief in sight...that was just the beginning. Kids are on summer break, William is 5 months old (and thankfully, not too mobile) but still needs toting around, laundry still gets dirty, and dishes too,... life is still going on. But not me! The house (something I struggle with anyway) is overwhelming, the kids have learned to fend on PB&J, and I've learned to ask for help from everyone. Quite humbling. But day by day, I'm getting my back--back.
So, for those of you who are clueless (and that's a compliment), may I educate you a little bit...Chiropractic theory is this: if you keep proper alignment in the spine (healthy diet, activity, and posture among other things) your body can heal at 100%. You will be more able to avoid or fight disease (such as cancer). You'll have more energy and sleep better. (oh, and the chiropractor can pay for his education, his children's education, and his Lamborgini--either because you take a preventative stance on your health, or you wait for a 'last straw' like me.
So, join me and go visit your chiropractor today!
( no advertising agencies were involved in this schpill, just my personal opinions)
...and in case you were wondering, I am doing much better-but still limited in what I can (and should) do. It'll be a while....

4 comments:

Janine said...

So sorry you are having problems with your back at such a young age. You will really have to be careful as to how you move and lift things from now on. Is it a disc that is slipping? I have had problems with that several years ago and have seen a chiropractor who has been just great. With being careful, I've been mostly pain free for quite awhile.

Carolyn said...

sorry about the back thing. I have bad back problems after I have a baby around the 6-12 month age. I have had many a chiropracter session. It's hard to find one that's not a nut, but when you do, you never want to let him go! Hope you stay well.

Jennifer said...

Char,
I wish that I could be there to help you out. You are a tough women and you will survive. Just take it easy and slow. Laundry can wait and dishes can wait. Take care of YOU! relax, read a good book and eat some chocolate for me. You are the BEST!!!
~Jen

Jill said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back!! With 4 boys, I can imagine it's taken a toll!! I hope the therapy works great so you can feel so much better.