Friday, December 18, 2009

A mother's influence...

(just a note for non-mothers or moms of children who are no longer toddlers and don't remember---You can not be in the bathroom/shower with out company if you have a toddler)
So I shaved my legs in the shower this morning (yes! I can still reach to shave! Yeah!) After I was done, I was standing in front of the mirror to complete my face ritual when William parked his can beside me. He rummaged around in "Dad's drawer" before coming up with a razor (yeah, Ben does have them--even if he doesn't use them....) then I watched him methodically raise his leg, lift his pant leg and proceed to 'shave' his little leg. (thankfully, it still had the cover on the blade) I couldn't help but laugh! Apparently, someone was watching me when I wasn't aware. And apparently, Mom's do have a strong influence on their children--even little boys.
Shhh, don't tell. Someday he'll grow up and be embarrassed that I caught him 'shaving'. But I'm his mother, and it's my prerogative to share, at least for now.

2 comments:

Jessica Bybee said...

hiliarous!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

So funny. A good story for embarrassing him in front of his future wife. ;)