Sunday, January 27, 2008

News?...Not yet

I guess it's time for another post. I was hoping to have something new to say, maybe even some pictures to share. Unfortunately, all that I can say for now is we are still a family of 5. But the days are drawing to an end. I'm excited and feeling nervous all at the same time. My next Dr appt is Feb 1, and I hope to find out that my body is doing SOMETHING to get ready to release this sweet critter! Meanwhile, Ben and I had fun watching my belly 'morph' tonight. The baby hasn't been extremely active for several days--he's still moving, just not as much or as often as he did even a week ago. But tonight, after dinner, he must have really enjoyed (or maybe really disliked) what we had to eat because he was squirming like there was no tomorrow. (Actually, it reminded me of myself trying to find a comfortable sleeping position at night!) Anyway, all the movement gave some odd shapes to my round but often lop-sided belly. We both mentioned how we are enjoying this shape, and won't miss it too much when it's gone. But since it's such a wonderful blessing to have--one that we didn't plan to see again, it has been fun to 'love' it.
Meanwhile, Andrew, Joshua, and Michael are also patiently waiting for their newest little brother to show himself. I was watching a friend's little girl a couple of days ago, and Michael was so much fun to observe! He kept bringing her toys, or prompting her to come join him with his trains (she's barely 1 yr old). He played so patiently with her, and really seemed to enjoy having some new company. I think he'll be a wonderful big brother. He likes to sit beside me and lay his head on my belly while we read a book. Of course, every once in a while, he'll get a nudge from the inside and look up to me and say "Is that the baby?" It just makes me smile. Maybe tomorrow I can put up some fresh pics of us (mostly of the kids.)

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness! Is it time already?! We are so excited for you and for this new little guy to make his appearance! Your boys will be great helps too - they're great kids! I wish you a speedy and healthy delivery!
Love, Angie

Camisha Gollaher said...

It sure was great to talk to you last night! It gave me motivation to get some pictures up and update things a bit, since I don't have anything exciting to announce.

I can't wait to get the news! Until there is some...hang in there!!!

Jill said...

Good luck with the impending delivery. Can't wait to hear the news. Love to you.