Monday, February 11, 2008

The Littlest Loveland


Well, finally we have news to share!!! The Littlest Loveland (but only slightly) has finally arrived. Please give me a few days to get pictures posted. He is controlling my limited computer time.
William Jesse Loveland arrived just after Midnight, (12:05, to be exact) early Monday morning on February 11th, 2008. Weighing in at a big 10 lbs even and measuring 22.5 inches---yeah, he's half grown. We are so happy to have him with us! He is truly a miracle and a blessing. We are all doing well.

The doctor who was on call Sunday night wasn't very impressed that Dr J had let me go so long. She stopped in at the hospital, infact, just before I was dischared to let me know she had talked with him and told him it wasn't kind to let her (or me) deliver such a large baby. She said, "he should have had to deal with it" with a smile! I appreciated that, since I've been trying to get me scheduled for induction for a few weeks, knowing that he was going to be a big baby. He would just respond with "oh, we can run into complications if he's born too early." Well, we can run into complications if he's born too late too! Of course, we are dealing; and thankfully they were only minor setbacks and everything is fine.

10 comments:

Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS, SHINING STAR!!!

He's beautiful!

My thoughts are with you!
L

Jill said...

Congrats!!!! I understand the big baby thing! I can't believe they let you go so long. At least he's here safe and sound now. He looks wonderful. I love his name. What a wonderful blessing! Love to you all.

Jill

Heather said...

So happy for you, Charlotte! So glad to see some baby news posted. I was dying from anticipation (I know you were too, hehe hee). Can't wait to see more pictures. Glad you're well and he is too. Love ya tons and miss you. Tell your family hello.
Heather

Unknown said...

Congrats Char! My niece was born just a few hours later. . . and over 4 lbs lighter! I'm sorry they made you wait so long! He's a cutie!

Angie said...

He's perfect! We are so happy he's here!
Love the name too :) ! Congratulations.

Ben & Angie

Summer said...

Congrats, Charlie! Wow! He is a big guy! A cutie though! Enjoy him! We'll have to hook him up with Hannah in about 22 years!

Esther said...

Yeah! Congratulations Charlotte. I am worried that they will do the same to me and make me wait a long time before inducing. ahh. I am having a hard enough time making it through right now at 4 months.

Dani said...

yay!! char has a baby! the cousins and I will have to come visit soon.

Camisha Gollaher said...

He's DARLING!!! Good Job Guys! Those girl get-togethers sure invite interesting "baby" fun!!! I miss you so much, and all the good time we had hanging out as girls- at the office and other work/hobby related events. I'm glad you're hanging in there. William is SO cute. Kristi just stared at him...what a hunk! Call when you can. I also noticed Lori's respond to you...shining star! I'm so excited for them. I'll have to check out their blog when I have more time. If you talk to her, tell her I said hello & congrats to them!!!
Love ya!

ida.ho said...

can we all come and stay in your beautiful home and play with your new cutest family addition? he's adorable. i think, tho, you should keep going until you get a girl :)