Monday, August 11, 2008

...and here's what happening in our neck of the woods

I remember hearing Willard Scott say that every morning growing up, as my dad watched the Today show. So, here's what new for us.
William is 6 months old today. In the last month, he's gained two more teeth (on the top, but not directly in front. Rather, they are the two on either side. So for all you Twilight fans, I'm growing my own little vampire. I'm sure those front teeth are not far behind!) He sits up big and tall. He can roll over (front to back, back to front). And in fact, he can sit up from his belly. (which means, when he wakes up in his crib, he sits up and won't go back to sleep!!!!) He's crawling all over the place and eating solid foods. His preference seems to go toward sweet potatoes or carrots over any fruit. And he LOVES graham crackers. His body seems to be slimming or maybe he's just getting taller. I don't think I should be seeing that trend until he's walking, but maybe I'm just imagining it too. We will visit the doctor next week for his 6 month check up. I've also noticed him make his preference known (like if I take away a toy that he's enjoying--he'll squeal or scream till he gets it back) and he's just started making the funniest sounds from the back of his throat or nose. He has become such an important part of our lives, I can't imagine life without him!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

So cute! Wish we could be there to see him. Hope your summer is going well.

Erin Stones said...

Wow- I can't believe that he is crawling! My little Hannah isn't even close to that- but she also hates being on her tummy right now so that is probably why! She can say mama though! I love that! We are going in for a 6th month check next week too! It will be fun to compare since they were only born a week apart! Glad to hear that things are so good right now!

Camisha Gollaher said...

OH my goodness...He is growing so fast! See, that's why I need to work part time, because 1 year from now, I'll have a little 6 month old, and I missed so much of Berklie growing up, that I need to make up for it!!! Yep, the news is out. I am still planning on working, but only Monday, Tue & Wed full days, then off Thur & Fri, except to fill in when needed. I hope this works out well. Mark is thinking about hiring Roz (from Dr. David's office) for Thur & Fri if her school schedule works out and will allow her to be here then. News in the Bldg...Dr. David is retiring and Dr. Jim Ellis (formerly of Dr. Anderton's office- Doc's son-in-law) is buying the practice. Things will be changing up there, and Roz has been offered by her stake president to go back to school-tuition paid on them. That way she could quit her 3 jobs, work ONE, and go to school. So...we're looking at taking her in! She is great.

Anyway, enough about all that...I hope your family is doing well. I should have let you know sooner, but anything in the summer Gold Canyon catalog is 35% off through TOMORROW...I would also charge you the shipping to get it all there, since it would have to go in on a combined order instead of shipping straight to you...but if you want anything, I'll be happy to get it for you!!! I'll call you in case you are interested, I don't want you to miss out!

Sure love you.

Jill said...

He's crawling at 6 months, WOW!!! Take a photo of that cute little vampire so we can all see!!!

Howlett's said...

Char, Thanks for your comment. I can't wait till I get there! My baby just turned 5 months old and he is rolling all over the place! His name is Edward (he is named after his great Grandpa Howlett). Well I hope we can get together soon.

Nathan said...

It seems like not so long ago when you were giving me advice about pregnancy and your son had just been born. I can't believe that now I have a baby and yours is 6 months old. Wow. Time flies. There is so much to look forward to with little babies. In just a few months they learn so much.