Friday, October 10, 2008

29?





Today has been the most wonderful day! In fact, the only time I can remember enjoying this day as much was when I turned 20. A friend of mine took me for a drive up Ogden Canyon, thru Ogden Valley, then back home by way of Weber Canyon--all with the top down on her convertible, the cool fall air ripping our hair around and the red and orange leaves planting all sorts of colorful memories. (...years later, in my old age, I still remember) Anyway, today ranked right up there on the good memories scale. Of course there were several phone calls from friends and family, my friend Amy came and spent some time with me in the morning, then an angel friend Sarah took William while Ben and I went to lunch. We went to this place called Branmore's-It's an american grill type place. Out of character for me, I ordered a steak (usually, I prefer chicken. Don't know what got into me, but it was SO good, that I admit I'll probably order it again when we go back--you know we'll be going back!) We had a wonderful afternoon together! Then I got to spend the evening with my kids. I made myself a yummy spinach and tomato pizza with a sort of alfredo-ish sauce and intentially left out the birthday cake. Ben, (one not to leave well enough alone) disappeared just before dinner and returned with a box of Zingers. He told me that since I hadn't made a cake, that he'd had to take matter into his own hands! So I got to enjoy chocolate Zingers. (chocolate is his thing! the only things I like chocolate are brownies and swiss chocolate candies. I prefer white and vanilla desserts) He also creatively fit enough candles on them to represent my age (yeah, so it took two...Someday you'll be that old too...) I don't keep track of my age-I leave that to him!! As far as I know, I'm 29!
At any rate, from morning to night it was a wonderful day!!
And last but not least, Here is a thank you to each of you who called, sent a card, or even thought about me on this special day. Also, (you'd think I could remember it, but still didn't DO it) a very special Happy Birthday wish to those in my family who share this day with me: Keola Ho, Sarah Stanworth, Camille Crabtree.
Happy Birthday to me...

6 comments:

Chelsea Rivas said...

I love you, Char. I'm so glad you had a good birthday. To me, the best birthdays are spent with family and the best gifts are the homemade kind.

Jill said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!!

Jennifer said...

Char- I cannot belive that I missed your birthday. I am so sorry! I am glad that you had a great Birthday, you really do deserve it. I love you lots!
Happy (belated) Birthday!

Jen

Nathan said...

Hey! Happy Birthday! That does sound like a wonderful day. I always love days that stand out. It makes it so worth it. I hope you have many more wonderful days.

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Char! I'm glad you had such a good day. We love you and miss you

Heather said...

30? er, uh 29, What a spring chick you are. I didn't know when your b-day was. Glad you had a great one. And the b-day you turned 20 sounds soooo cool. Cheers to good memories! You made it one more year! Love ya!
Heather Strong