Saturday, February 28, 2009

...and it's Saturday...

Today our stake had a wonderful women's conference. There were several classes to choose from but we only got to choose 2 to attend. Have you ever been an kid in a candy store? The first class I caught was about family councils. Wow, do we need that! I was grateful the teacher explained how Family Home Evening and Family Councils are different. No wonder I've been getting frustrated with FHE! Anyway, I came away anxious to make some changes to our scheduled family time and start having Family Councils. I truly do love FHE and I want my kids to look forward to it every week, not just the weeks they are in charge of the lesson or activity.
So today, I'm grateful for great teachers, experienced mothers, and the Spirit to help me in this marvelous quest we call parenthood.
I'm also grateful for the weekend! (kids don't have school on Monday)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow!! We had the exact same women's meeting yesterday. I also attended a class like that. Crazy!! I'm so glad you are back to blogging!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

So you'll have to let me know what the difference is. I'm very intrigued!