Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The power of Chex Mix and corn squares

(I know, it's about time for a new post, and you'll probably be disappointed with what I post, but get over it! I'm posting!)

I hybernated with a book today. I grabbed a bag of Chex Mix and headed to my room to read. I had a few minutes before William found me. ...then he discovered the bag of Chex Mix. He stayed busy for nearly 1/2 hour meticulously picking out the yellow (corn) cereal squares and putting them in his mouth. If he pulled out a brown (wheat) cereal square, he'd offer it to my mouth. If he picked up a cracker, or a pretzel, or a bagel chip, he'd try to feed it to me. But if it was a yellow cereal square, it went straight to his mouth!! I had no idea a kid could be so pickey. It's not like the pieces taste that different. But he didn't want anything to do with any of it--unless it was a corn square!
Silly boy.

3 comments:

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Yay, you're back! Isn't that funny how kids get their little quirks so early! Are you coming back west at all this summer? I am going to be at the Bates Reunion in good ole Burlington. Would love to see you and your kids!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Children are each so unique. We want to meet William. It would be great to see you all. Let us know if you are coming west and if not, maybe we can plan to visit you next year or something.

Camisha Gollaher said...

So, enough about the post (glad to see you back!) but what's this about coming West??? A stop in Ogden is mandatory, unless you let me know, and we can plan a trip in your direction!!!

About the hibernation...I'm glad you got to do it! What ya reading? William is hilarious, is he an organizer, or just particular? What a funny little story.