Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family...isn't it about time?

OK, so we've been busy!! Ben (my brother) came back with his boys, Luke and Jesse and left them with us while he finished up some job issues. Keeping 5 young boys busy and out of trouble is no little task!!!! Thank goodness they are all good kids, and surprisingly helpful too. Just very BUSY!
Angie and the girls (Cameryn and Caroline) joined us a few days ago. We are still adjusting to having a few more people in our snuggish house, but we are really enjoying having them. Yesterday we made arrangements for the dads (Ben and Ben) to take the kids to a local 'carnival' and then watch a movie or two while the girls (Angie and I) headed into the city to try out "Taste of Chicago". Off we headed....and missed the train. So we wandered for a few minutes, checked out a fun open house in the historic district of Naperville, then discovered we'd missed 'the next train' too! So we just parked, pulled out he strollers and hit the shops in downtown Naperville. It wasn't quite like Michigan Ave, but it was fun and we got some 'girl time'.
We're going to have some fun this week! I'll try to keep you updated on the fun we are having...

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like fun. I can't wait until it's our turn to visit you. My hat is off to you for entertaining all those boys. I guess the Wii was either a blessing or a curse!

Camisha Gollaher said...

I'm jealous that's not me. Tell Angie hello though! How fun to have company & be enjoying each others time. Someday I'll get there...

Janine said...

It was so nice of you to look after the boys for Angie and Ben. I know that they all had a great time visiting you.

Erin Stones said...

Yay! I found you through Jennifer Kirby's blog! I have wanted to email you forever, but I lost your email address. It turns out our babies were only born a week apart. In fact, I was in the hospital for my blood pressure (prior to the baby's birth) the day that you had your baby! He's very cute! I am sure that he is a giant next to my little girl. She weighed 6 lbs 7 ounces, but dropped to 5 punds 10 ounces when we took her home. She has stayed small since then! Liberty was always smaller as well. I am so glad to find you. Check us out as erinstones.blogspot.com

Sherie said...

Hey Char! It's Sherie from Dr. Mark's office! I found you through Camisha! You're newest little edition is so adorable (as are your other boys)! You'll have to send me an email when you get a chance. My blog is private but I'd love to send you an invite if you'd like one! Glad to see you are doing so well! Slbsoccerfool13@msn.com