Friday, June 6, 2008

Michael, the Amazing


Mickey has come up with some amazing things, but this one is a WOW in my book. In the last few weeks, Andrew has been talking about individual states in the US in his 4th grade class. Mick came with me to the school when the 4th graders did a 'parade of states' as part of a state report. Michael seemed very interested so we've been talking about the states at home as well. I broke out a map puzzle and we've put it together several times. But this morning I was SO impressed when he got the puzzle on his own, dumped it out, and started working on it on his own. He had half the puzzle put together before he ran into a problem (Colorado was upside down). Ben called me away for a few minutes and when I came back, this is what I found. Mickey honestly did this ALL BY HIMSELF!! He's also impressed me by showing me several of the states such as Utah, Illinois, Texas, Alabama (he says it looks like a 4) and my favorite: Hannah Montana!

A funny story about Hannah Montana: Michael was over heard to say to one of his friends that his grandma and grandpa lived in Hannah Montana. (they live in Billings MT)

2 comments:

Camisha Gollaher said...

I am loving all your new posts!!! And WAY TO GO MICKY!!! I always was fascinated by the states myself. I had a states puzzle that I loved so much. I used to do it UPSIDE-DOWN!!! What great memories this post brought back. Sure love you guys.

Carolyn said...

Way to go! What a supermom! He's better at geography than I am. And as for the apple sucking William--are those beautiful baby blue eyes that I see? What beautiful children. Keep up the posts!