Monday, May 26, 2008

things about me...lV

10. If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why?

Really? I've never thought about changing my name. Well, in High School and for a few years beyond, I wasn't particularly keen on Charlotte--it seemed 'old lady-ish' to me. So I went by Charly. I don't know what I would call myself if I could choose another name.
Since I'm an 'old lady' now, I don't mind Charlotte!

11. What was your worst date ever? What was your best date?

Worst Date: Prom my Jr year. I don't even want to revisit the horror of who or what. 'nuff said.
Best Date: I'd probably start with First Night on Temple Square when I was engaged to Ben. It was just a wonderfu time!

12. What is something(s) you've learned in the past 6 months-1 year that has really made an impact on your life?

Hmmm. It might be hard to fit all that wisdom and knowledge into a paragraph, but I'll try. First of all, I don't control my life --today or tomorrow. I may make choices believing that I can direct the consequences. But miracles happen and blessings are sent--even if takes some time to recieve them.I'm so VERY grateful for a little blessing we call William. I'm also thankful for the blessing of being here in Chicago. It's amazing to me that I thought we finally had a plan for what and when we were going to do something with our future. And we planned and did what we felt was right, only to see that we were prepared for what Heavenly Father wanted to bless us with instead and that came at just the right time and in just the right way. He is the one in the driver's seat.

13. Is there something(s) you've always wanted to do/accomplish in your life and it just hasn't happened yet?

I had to think on that one for awhile, but I finally came up with something. Since it's been a goal for so long, and it's not been accomplished yet, I almost forget about it. But it's also a challenge I face every day....(got ya wondering, don't I...) Some day, I'm going to have a clean house. Laundry will be done and put away, the floor will be swept, the bathrooms won't smell like I live in a house of boys, the dishwasher will be cleared out, and the sink will be shiney! And when that day comes, you are all invited to my funeral.

14. Besides family, what really makes you happy and/or laugh?

I truly enjoy quilting, and stampin', as these things make me smile. But spending time with my older sisters (yah, I know-it's family) is what brings out the laughter (some may even argue it's more of a cackle). My sisters are such great story tellers of 'the way it was when I was a kid...'.
15. What was the best day(s) of your life?
I think I'll start with the day Ben proposed. I knew that I really liked the kid, and it seemed he kinda liked me back, but I really didn't know that it went that deep. It may sound trivial, but that was the day my testimony of eternal marriage began. I am so thankful that we were able to be married and sealed for eternity. He is a wonderful guy!

No comments: