Saturday, May 17, 2008

time flies...

You know it's time to post again when...your last post is almost a month old...your friends email you and ask what's new...or leave a message on a post that's almost a month old...
I guess it's time for a new post.
So in overview, Michael turned 5. FIVE. It seems like I only remember about 1/2 of those years! But I'm grateful for every day. Wish I could post some highlight pics of his 5 year old life, but unfortunately most of the pictures of his short life were on my computer...and there was a VISTA collision...and my pictures (and the rest of my life) lost!!! Don't forget to back up your computers, and do it today.
Ben had a birthday too...he turned 33. He was born on Mother's Day in 1975. So every few years, we get to celebrate the day together. This year was one of those years. And William turned 3 months old too! So you'd think we would have done something amazing...but to show you how well you know me, I'll say we just enjoyed family time together with chocolate cake (Ben's favorite) and laughter (my favorite) and a nap (William's favorite)
We are thoroughly enjoying spring here in Illinois. Just over night, everything turned so green! And the weather has become pretty warm (well, still a little cool in the mornings, but some days are down right hot. I love it!)
And we still miss our friends and family who we left behind in UT, but are ever so grateful for the new friends and ward family who we've met in the past few months.
Hugs to you all
Char

2 comments:

Camisha Gollaher said...

So glad to hear from you! Sometimes Chocolate Cake, Laughter & a nap are all you need for a fabulous day!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I meant to call, but lost track of time and knew you'd be in bed before I remembered again. So...how do you back up your computer???

I'm so sorry that you lost everything! What a devastating thing. I need details, as I'm finally becoming more "technology-dependent"--especially w/ my photographs and things.

Sure can't wait to hear what's next. Love you all.

Jill said...

Yeah, a new post!!! The midwest is having great weather right now. Just beautiful!! Glad to hear all is going well. After you mentioned losing your photo a few months ago to me, we backed our's up. Thanks for the tip. Keep posting!!