Sunday, March 22, 2009

dinner-time conversations (the boy version)

Though I'm tempted not to share, this is a sample of life in a house of ALL boys!
As we are finishing up with our Sunday dinner (Ben wasn't home yet, it was just me and the younger boys) Andrew pulls out this Rubik's puzzle toy and he was 're-shaping' it. Joshua says (and not quietly) "That looks like a toilet!". I'll admit, it caught me off guard. And in all seriousness, I wanted to say (loudly) in return, Josh, we don't need to talk like that.. But instead, I figured, If you can't beat 'em, join em. So our conversation carried on and we expanded our 'toilet' vocabulary to include other words such as commode, throne, WC (water closet), squatter, and toilet (that's with the French pronunciation...)
What good table conversation, wouldn't you say?

2 comments:

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

That's pretty darn funny! I can see having conversations like that with my boys in a couple of years! Just think how the conversation would have gone if Ben was there... I can just imagine!

Deana :) said...

Sounds pretty tame to me, Char. I have to keep my kids from giving every name of the stuff that goes in the toilet when we're eating dinner. :)