Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our Father Has a Family

Michael and I had an interesting conversation this morning. I heard him singing a song we learned in Primary...."God gave us families, to help us become what He wants us to be. This is how He shares His love; for the family is of God." (The Family Is of God -words and music by Matthew Neeley. Published in the children's Friend, Oct 2008)
I asked him, "Micky, do you know that God love us so much that he gave us a family to help us and to take care of us?" His answer..."Yes, and he gave us Jesus too" I can't argue with that! And there's not much teaching I can add to that either. But I did testify that he is right. Our Father gave us families. And he gave his Son. He really does love each of us THAT MUCH! In-comprehendible to me.
I can't tell you how much I love talking about families in Primary. And how I love to watch my family grow. After 1 1/2 years, I'm really missing my sisters. Chicago IS far away! So, until I can give it to you in person (for anyone who reads my blog) here's a hug...{{{a cyber hug}}}

3 comments:

Lori said...

Little ones are so smart! They pick up waay more than you think they might.

Good job, Micky! And way to testify, Sister Bates!

Jill said...

I know we aren't blood sisters, but you are a Kindred Spirit to me. Here's a big cyber hug from me!!!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Another hug from me! Love you, Char.