Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Energy, don't leave home without it.

Cub scouts it a big deal. It's the perfect chance to begin molding little boys into wonderful men. I'm still learning about Cub Scouts, but for what I've learned thus far, I'm a HUGE fan.
Eight and nine year old boys have a ton of energy! Boys alone can solve all sorts of problems. But get a group of boys together and all brains leave the group; what you are left with is a mass of expanding chaos!!! And we put them in dark blue shirts and call them Cub Scouts!...I love them.
So, the lesson I learned tonight is this; don't challenge the boys to an exercise dual. They'll win! hands down!!!
For those of you who haven't seen me for a while, I'm working to loose a lot of unnecessary body clutter! I'm making little bit and very slow progress, but it's progress none the less. And feeling as good as I do with my progress, I was feeling a little energetic tonight when we had Den meeting. We were talking about taking care of our bodies, feeding them good food, getting enough sleep, and exercising. I asked the Cubs 'who thinks they can do more jumping jacks than me'. (Did I mention they are all 8 and 9 year old boys, full of energy and the size of a sneeze?) I don't think I even made it to twenty before I was laughing so hard! I had to stop the fun and have one of the boys teach the others how to do jumping jacks. He explained that first you make an 'X' with your hands and legs. Then you make an 'I' with your body. Then you do it really fast! I'm giggling just thinking about it. We ditched the jumpin' jacks and tried basketball or running in the gym instead. I'd say that was a good option.
Maybe I can challenge them to stairs next time....

2 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Sounds so fun. You're the greatest, Char. I miss you.

Unknown said...

Just wait until you see Ashton trying to do push-ups! Imagine a porpoise stuck on the beach trying to get back to the water. I don't know--it's too hard to describe, but it's fun to watch.